How are we here?! At almost a year old?! I can’t take it. Why is everyone growing up?
- Cruising, walking while pushing stuff, walking while holding my hands
- Being in the carrier still❤
- Taking stuff off the tables
- THE POOL
- Climbing up the stairs over and over
- Crawling away from me VERY FAST
- Getting into trouble in the bathroom for some reason, especially around the toilet, ugh! Caught her flushing the toilet the other day, now the bathroom door has to stay closed!!!
- Getting into trouble everywhere else, too! Like, EVERYWHERE ELSE. Anywhere you think “oh that would be bad if a baby went there / did that” she finds that place/thing.
- Giving me kisses❤❤❤
- Her big siblings, and wants to do everything they do, and is devastated when they are doing something she can’t, like if they go up for a bubble bath without her …
- Her new music class just for her!
- Petting the cats
- Her few minutes of aba time while I put the big kids to bed and before it’s her turn
- Patting her belly when you say “WHERE’S YOUR BELLY?” she just loves showing it off!
- Taking baths with the big kids
- Eating! So much eating! Tonight for dinner she ate almost 2 whole chicken drumsticks, half a peach, lots of blueberries, half an ear of corn, and some noodles.
- Reading! Suddenly so excited about books and not just about turning pages.
- Sleeping through the night (UGH!)
- Going to the doctor, which unfortunately we have been doing a lot of lately
- Nail clipping
- Not holding my phone
- Being in the car seat or stroller
- Being hot
- Getting dressed
- Diaper changes, even standing-up ones!
- Anyone other than mommy or aba, except maybe one of the babysitters
This month has been busy with camp and doctors and pee samples … Poor baby we still can’t figure out what’s going on. Last week she had an appointment to have an ultrasound done on her kidneys, next week we see a urologist. Hopefully we will get good news. I have spent two days trying to get a urine sample, do you all understand how hard it is to get a urine sample from a baby???
The current schedule is like this:
Wake for the day between 7-7:30
8:45am in the car to camp
9am drop off
9:15 home to play
10:30 nap for baby
1:30 leave to pick up big kids
2:00 pick up
2:15 home again or afternoon activity
4:00 home if we went out / nap for baby
4:30 mommy starts going crazy trying to make dinner and baby wakes up ahhh!!!
5:30 dinner ??!?!
6:15 bath, toothbrush, jammies
7:30 big kids go to bed, baby has last nursing session
8pm baby goes to bed
8:05pm mommy crashes
With this schedule I spend my whole day doing drop off and pick up, or putting baby in crib or taking her out. It means doing any kind of errands is basically out of the question unless someone is home while baby sleeps so I can go out. Sometimes, if Smushy woke up late, I can squeeze in a quick errand before her nap. But it is unreliable.
Life is VERY BUSY.
I am debating whether I want to pick them up at 2 during the school year. I was planning on it but doing it this summer is making me a little nuts. On the other hand, when I pick them up at 2, I know they can get a good nut-filled snack at home, plus I know they aren’t exhausted by the end of the week, plus Smushy can have her afternoon nap in the crib if we get home in time. I DON’T KNOW I CAN’T EVEN THINK ABOUT SEPTEMBER AHH.
Smushy is a joyful baby. I just love her to pieces. She is a mommy’s girl and I love it. I won’t even pretend it’s annoying she won’t go to anyone but me. I LOVE IT.
Still not sleeping through the night. Though after a particularly bad night this week I decided that I’m not going to nurse before 5am. If she wakes up after 5 but before 7ish, I’ll nurse and put her back. If she wakes up before 5 then she’s just getting a pat and a song. Because I am SO TIRED. I am sad to night wean(ish) but I can’t keep this up. And in August the kids will be home full time for FOUR WEEKS. I will need some beauty sleep.
OK Time to not be thinking about the kids for a few minutes … I like these posts because I want to look back on them but it also gets stressful to write them because this is a few minutes of free time and I’m writing about the kids. I NEED SOME NON KID TIME. I LOVE MY KIDS SO MUCH BUT I STILL WANT A DAY OFF …. SOME DAY ……!!!