OY I have not been writing but anyway here we are at 8 months already !!! I can’t believe it.
- SAYING MAMAMAMA WHEN SHE WANTS ME! First word, people! She really is referring to me when she says mamama, she looks around for me! Or if I walk into the room she says it!
- Army crawling EVERYWHERE … her little fingers grab everything!
- Putting everything in her mouth (today I found a bandaid in there .. gross!!!!)
- Shaking shakers or banging on the xylophone
- Being in the carrier / going on walks
- Trying to catch the cats
- “Helping” big brother and sister build their towers (much to their dismay)
- Going to bed😦😦 Some real big tears about this. Serious FOMO.
- When I stick my finger in her mouth to get out whatever is in there (ugh bandaid !!!)
- Being in the car seat
- Spicy food (oops)
Smushy is getting everywhere. She must have had a leap because while we were traveling suddenly she learned to wave, clap, and became extremely mobile. She was army crawling before but now she is everywhere! We had to move the cat food out of reach, and we need to buy a gate for the basement stairs because the old one broke a few months ago. Otherwise we are mostly ready for this …
Oh except I have to baby proof the play room which is a DISASTER. Choking hazards EVERYWHERE. And this baby puts everything in her mouth! Apple and Banana did not do this! Mostly because they were not mobile at this age, so if I kept choking hazards out of arms’ reach then they couldn’t do anything dangerous. But she is on the move. A few days ago she popped an entire plastic strawberry into her mouth, a thing I thought was too big for her mouth so I left it out, it was completely in there. I squeezed her cheeks and it popped right back out but OH my heart.
I have to cut all her food into teeny pieces. I never did this for the big kids. But I can’t trust her to take bites. My big kids always took nice bites, or if they didn’t they would spit it out. Smushy stuffs entire things in her mouth, fillllls her mouth with food, and then gets upset. If it’s soft enough she will sit there with her cheeks puffed out like a squirrel and eventually chew it all down and swallow. But sometimes I have to go fish it out or she will sit there and cry about it. So. Tiny bite sized pieces of basically anything slightly mushy or totally soft. She ate a whole bunch of strawberry and roasted zucchini tonight for dinner.
Sleep is still what it is. Usually one wake up. When she is having a bad night it is 2-3 wake ups. A few times she has slept through the night but it is not reliable. Naps are whatever. If we’re home, she’s in the crib. If we’re out, she’s in the car seat or carrier. I have surrendered.
Maybe one day I will update on myself or the big kids… But it is still Pas.s.over and there is SO much cooking to do before Thursday night soooooo back to the kitchen I go. PS I think Smushy is constipated from all the matzah she’s been eating this week😦 No more matzah for baby, and trying to get her to nurse a little more. Fruit, veg, and milk that’s it!